Latest version of IFS Solution will ensure world renowned manufacturing company are able to maximise their investment in the solution and increase operational efficiency and profitability.
Leading systems integration specialist and IFS Partner, Cooper Software, has announced that the company has been selected by Northern Irish bus designer and manufacturer, Wrightbus, part of the Wrights Group of companies, to deliver a full implementation of the global ERP solution, IFS Applications 10™.
The implementation of IFS Applications 10, which was launched at the IFS World Conference in May this year, will see Wrightbus move on from IFS Applications 8, which was installed in 2013. Cooper Software will work with Wrightbus to implement the solution across all divisions of the business:
• Wrightbus: responsible for the design and manufacture of buses for the UK and European markets;
• En-Drive: a well established entity within the group providing chassis design and manufacture; and
• Metallix: a division responsible for the manufacture of metal components and sub-assemblies for Wrightbus, En-Drive and other Wrights Group divisions
• Customcare: provide warranty services and after care across a number of maintenance packages;
• Composites: experts in the use of Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP), Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) and structural composites for a variety of applications supplying Wrightbus and beyond.
Cooper Software was awarded the project after an extensive period of engagement with Wrightbus during which the company carried out a review exercise of their current IFS landscape, in order to gain a deeper understanding of their current processes and determine what the business was looking to achieve. During this process it was clear that Wrightbus were not using their current IFS solution to its full capability and this, coupled with key personnel who were involved in the original implementation having moved on from the business, meant that they were not currently realising the full value of their investment. Furthermore, a new implementation will ensure that the solution will be fully adopted by the current user group within Wrightbus, improving existing processes.
Following completion of the review and the recommendations made as part of this, IFS, Cooper Software and the Wrightbus team devised a high level solution. As part of this, Wrightbus were clear that they wanted to implement the new IFS Application 10, as the most cost effective approach, allowing them to start with a clean slate to maximise the benefits of the solution. Implementing the latest version will also ensure Wrightbus has access to the latest features and functionality helping to support the business both now and in to the future.
The project will be delivered in stages with the first phase currently underway. Cooper Software will act as an extension of the Wrightbus team, offering IFS expertise across four main areas:
• Programme Management and Project Administration, working alongside a Wrightbus project manager
• IFS Architect, designing and refining the end-to-end solution
• IFS Consulting, taking in to account all modules, effectively covering the IFS tower and;
• IFS Technical Consulting, which will involve a level of software application development (mobile applications and a warehousing solution) as well as systems integration due to Wrightbus having a complex IT landscape spread across several group businesses.
The project comes after Cooper Software have successfully delivered their IFS managed support service for Wrightbus over the last 12 months. Throughout this period, Cooper Software have successfully stabilised Wrightbus’ IFS Applications 8 platform as well as working alongside the Wrightbus team to focus on IFS Applications 10 planning.
Gareth McLaughlin, Global Head of IT for Wrightbus commented: “Implementing IFS Applications 10 is a key project for the business, both in terms of the level of investment in the solution and the substantial benefits which we expect to achieve. We chose Cooper Software due to their high level of capability and expertise, which was clearly evidenced through their previous projects and conscientious approach during the initial stages of this project. They have shown their ability to develop solution that can be applied to all areas of our business, clearly meeting our needs and objectives.”
Frank Cooper, Executive Chairman of Cooper Software noted: “We are delighted to have been selected to deliver this project for Wrightbus. This is one of our first IFS Applications 10 implementations since the solution was launched earlier this year and it is a very much a strategic project for us reinforcing our standing as a leading automotive and manufacturing specialist. Not only does it allow us to use our knowledge and expertise built up during previous projects, it is an opportunity for us to continue to develop our relationship with a major IFS client who are global leaders in their industry.”