- A non-repayable grant of up to £3,000 to help businesses make progress towards net zero carbon emissions.
- Open for applications now!
- Closes to new applications on 28th February 2023 or when budget is fully allocated (whichever is earlier).
- All projects must be completed by 31st March 2023.
- Payment on approval – no requirement for upfront spend and reclaim – however, recipients should retain evidence of expenditure as this may be requested.
SMEs located in Fife.
Priority will be given to businesses in the following sectors:
- Energy Industries
- Financial & Business Services
- Food & Drink
- Manufacturing & Engineering
*Self-catering properties (including AirBnB), bed and breakfasts and guest houses are not eligible.
Where the proposed work relates to business premises, only premises which are solely for business use are eligible. Premises with combined business/residential use (e.g., a house with a home office/workshop from which the business is based) are not eligible.
Businesses whose main base is outside Fife can use the grant to improve premises they have in Fife or create green jobs in Fife.
Businesses whose main base is in Fife cannot use the grant to improve premises or create jobs outside of Fife.
- heating, ventilation, and air conditioning upgrades.
- renewable heat technologies such as installing an air source heat pump or biomass boiler.
- improving insulation, draught-proofing, double or secondary glazing.
- installing LED lighting. o installing solar panels, wind turbines and wood-burning stoves.
- Projects that will result in a reduction in waste production.
- The installation of equipment to assist with recovery and reprocessing of waste streams.
- Projects that close the loop on resources that would otherwise be wasted (circular economy).
- Creation of Green Jobs – using the Internal Labour Organisation (ILO) definition of Green Jobs: “decent jobs that contribute to, preserve, or restore the environment, be they in traditional sectors such as manufacturing and construction, or in new, emerging green sectors such as renewable energy and energy efficiency”.
- Applications are made at the discretion of a Business Gateway Adviser or Economic Development team member. If you are already engaged with Business Gateway Fife, please contact your Adviser to discuss an application. If you are not currently engaged with Business Gateway Fife, please contact the team on 01592 858333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A bank statement dated within the past three months will be required as part of the application process. This should be from a dedicated business bank account. However, personal accounts will be accepted where the bank statement shows clear evidence of business transactions.
- A business can only receive one grant through the Net Zero Transition Fund.
- If you are undertaking a larger project, you can combine an application for the non-repayable Net Zero Transition Grant with an application for the Fife Investment Fund which provides interest free repayable grants of up to £10,000. Separate eligibility criteria apply to the Fife Investment Fund. Please discuss this with Business Gateway Fife, if interested.
- Although payment is made on approval, the T&Cs of the Net Zero Transition Fund include a clause stating that evidence of expenditure relating to the grant should be retained and can be requested by us for a period of up to seven years after receipt of the grant.