To promote the Prince's Trust Enterprise Programme and the fantastic support it offers to young people, we are launching the Tomorrow’s Business Awards
The campaign was inspired by HRH The Prince of Wales and is being funded by long-standing supporter, The Royal Bank of Scotland. The Awards aim to recognise successful Trust and previously PSYBT supported businesses that specifically make a positive difference to the lives of the young people who set them up, the environment and sustainability or their community. We want to further encourage young people who have set up in business with the help of The Trust over the past decade and support them in taking the next step i.e. turning their good business into a great business.
The Prince’s Trust’s Tomorrow’s Business Awards celebrate the benefits that starting your own business can bring. We’re not looking for the fastest growing business or the one with the biggest profits, most staff or, greatest brand awareness. The Prince’s Trust want to celebrate the positive impact starting a business can have on an individual, their community or the environment and sustainability.
We’re looking for three businesses who received start-up support over the last 10 years to receive a business-boosting prize package. We’re looking for businesses in any field including technology, creative industries and those who are focused on improving the environment.
Overall criteria for applicants:
- Were you supported to start your business by The Prince’s Trust or The Prince’s Scottish Youth Business Trust since 1st January 2006? Have you fully paid off or are you keeping up with repayments on your Prince’s Trust loan (if you had one)?
- Do you either:
- Still own and run the business that you set up with support from the Trust; or
- Own and run another trading business that you set up after receiving support from the Trust?
- Are you (and the business) based in the UK (i.e. are you a UK resident)?
To enter you must complete the following:
- In no more than 300 words, tell us how your business has had a positive effect on one or more of the following areas: your life, your community or sustainability and the environment.
- In no more than 300 words, explain how you would use the prize package (more details below) to help you to fulfil your aspirations for your business? We want to know how you would spend the money and use the mentoring sessions to take your business forward? Tell us how you want to transform your enterprise.
Entries close on Tuesday 30th August 2016
• £3,000 to be invested in the business
• A Tomorrow’s Business Awards trophy
• Invitation and travel to a business networking lunch
• A one-to-one mentoring session with one of our well known, successful business people
- Lloyd Dorfman, Founder of Travelex and Chairman of The Prince's Trust
- Steve Rowe, CEO of Marks & Spencer
- Claire Locke, Co-Founder of Artigiano
• A workshop on business innovation from Bloomberg
• A tailored session on business finance from NatWest business banking
• A consultation with E-Spark about further mentoring or business accelerator opportunities
These awards will focus more on the business story rather than the young person’s journey. And the entrants will nominate themselves!