The Night Market is returning to Balgove Larder, St Andrews for a second season with themes for each of the markets.
There are still spaces available so if your business would like to participate in The night Market or require any further information, please contact Jamie Craig-Gentles at firstname.lastname@example.org or Liana at email@example.com, or you can call 01334 898145.
The five monthly markets will take place throughout the summer and include live music, work from local craftspeople, fresh food and drink from Balgove Larder and a selection of other producers. This will be served up with beer on tap from local brewers, Eden Mill.
The dates for the markets are:
• 13 May – The launch of the new night markets will see the return of the top producers, favourite Balgove nibbles as well as new food and drink.
• 10 June – This market has a summer barbequing theme with an emphasis on al fresco eating.
• 8 July – As St Andrews gears up for the British Open, there's a golf theme to this market with book signings from Oliver Horowitz, New York Times bestseller An American Caddie in St Andrews alongside signings of new children's book Little Tommy Morris by author Roger McStravick, and illustrator, Maria Amelia Randall.
• 5 August – This market provides the opportunity to meet a series of talented local chefs
• 16 September – An autumnal market featuring speciality local beers.
Jamie Craig-Gentles, co-founder of The Night Market:
"The Night Market was an idea inspired by our travels and experiences of markets around the globe. We are so excited for the second season of Night Markets to begin and hope these Wednesday evenings give people the chance to enjoy the long summer nights, experience amazing local food, drink and craft, all while listening to great music and catching up with friends. We would encourage everyone to come hungry!"
Produce available at the markets will include beer, gin and whisky from Eden Mill; a range of speciality jams (including their popular raspberry, cucumber and mint jam) made in small batches by Cochrane's Kitchen; versatile sauces from The Whisky Sauce Co; sweet treats from local chocolatier Watsons Chocolates; fresh seafood from Arbroath Quality Fish; and delicious healthy dishes from Good Food Good Feelings. Balgove Larder will serve up produce fresh from their butchery alongside fruit and vegetables from their field, as well as other seasonal treats.
Crafts will be on sale from a selection of makers including Nicki Bradwell, a talented local stationary artist and the Object Company, which creates beautiful carved wooden objects.
Music at the markets will come from talented local band Wire & Wool, who provide an upbeat bluegrass note in keeping with the lively, relaxed atmosphere.
The night markets will take place at the Steak Barn, Balgove Larder, Strathtyrum, KY16 9SF.
Tagged with: St AndrewsNight MarketMarketsBalgove Larder