FIFE Business Week 2016 is almost here!
From 7 to 11 November, there will be a week of action focusing on key issues that are impacting Fife entrepreneurs, business start-ups and employers.
The major event of the week, Meet the Buyer, always attracts massive interest and will be held on Thursday, 10 November at Carnegie Conference Centre, Halbeath in Dunfermline.
Hosted by Fife Council’s Economic Development Team, this year’s Meet the Buyer session will focus on exploring diversification; offering expertise in oil and gas, defence, security, aerospace (military and civil), advanced engineering and electronics. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet buyers who are looking at potential new suppliers and exploring collaborative commercial arrangements. Key Buyers confirmed to date include:
• MOD – Defence Supplier service
• UK Export Finance
• DIT – Defence and Security Organisation
• ARTEC (German based corporation looking after the UK supply chain interests Rheinmetall MAN Vehicles and Krauss-Maffei Wegmann)
• Raytheon UK
• MOD Strategic Supplier Management team
• Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre
A host of other exhibitors will be there offering support services to businesses and partners including:
• Supplier Development Programme Scotland
• Business Gateway Fife
• Fife College
• Fife Chamber of Commerce
• Centre for Engineering, Education and Development (CeeD)
• NHS Healthy Working Lives
• Opportunities Fife/Developing the Young Workforce and Supported Employment Service
• Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service (SMAS)
• Skills Development Scotland
Councillor Lesley Laird, Depute Leader of Fife Council and Spokesperson for Economy and Planning commented:
“This Meet the Buyer event is a fantastic opportunity for Fife’s new and growing businesses to make contacts with the key contacts in businesses, identify new suppliers and work on collaborative projects. Fife Council Procurement Team and Scotland Excel will also be exhibiting so there will be a vast range of organisations for entrepreneurs and businesses to meet and chat to about potential opportunities.
“Meet the Buyer is the icing on the cake for Fife Business Week. Year after year businesses tell us it’s where they can actually forge new business relationships and increase access to upcoming opportunities. This event is another way of showing that Fife is very much open for business.”
A variety of business seminars will also run throughout the day including Tendering Top Tips, Bidding as a Consortium and Access to Export Finance.
Full details of Meet the Buyer and the other events can be found on the website at www.fifebusinessweek.co.uk or email Dorothy.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book your place at this year’s Meet the Buyer.