Scottish Enterprise has published a list of available international trade support as well as upcoming webinars and workshops from SE and their partners.
- La French Day – a digital event hosted in collaboration with SDI and Scottish Chambers of Commerce aimed at promoting the French market to Scottish exporters. Attendees can choose from range of workshops to attend from renewable energy, food and drink, fintech and healthcare to setting up a subsidiary or acquiring a company in France, and a look at French ports and French customs. The event takes place on Tuesday 7th September, 9.30am – 4.30pm. Register here (limited places available).
- Targeting the US and Australia with your own website: Masterclass – Wednesday 8th September, 1pm – 4.30pm. Register here.
- Selling on Global Platforms: Shopify Masterclass – Thursday 16th September, 1pm – 4.30pm. Register here.
- British Chambers of Commerce webinar - Tariff Free Trade – Global Britain Explained – Thursday 9th September, 11am – 12noon. Register here (via zoom).
- Defra is hosting a series of webinars to demonstrate how to register for and use the plant health export service. The service will be available from September 2021. You can view the webinars and register for them by clicking here.
- This link on GOV.UK lists a number of technical webinars that address issues that have arisen since January 2021 for organisations that trade with the EU.
- You can also see a full programme of Scottish Enterprise upcoming events and webinars.
Additional support from Scottish Enterprise and partners
- Find out more about our international ecommerce support, including our international ecommerce programme, our online marketplace guides and our ecommerce events, webinars and masterclasses.
- A new guide has been added to the Scottish Enterprise website, detailing export support available from a range of partners. The guide specifies what type of support each partner offers - whether it's advice, consultancy or training, or a mixture of the three. Topics of support range from certificate of origin, customs processes and documentation, export licenses, to legal issues, the NI protocol, rules of origin, tariffs and tax and VAT.
- Our Business guides cover a range of topics from selling overseas, finance and funding, business resilience to expanding in the EU and Selling into the USA.
- As always, our Operate after Brexit content can be found here and includes information on exporting to the EU, importing from the EU, trading with Northern Ireland, customs documentation, Rules of Origin, VAT and much more.
- Guidance tool – NI tariff checker - Check if you need to pay a tariff on goods brought into Northern Ireland from Great Britain.
- A collection of HMRC letters to businesses highlight new rules and key actions when importing or exporting goods between Great Britain and the EU.