Bowhouse, the Fife centre for food production and development, is on the hunt for three food and drink businesses to join their network of producers in three newly renovated units.
The three units are part of a transformation of the courtyard space at Bowhouse and can be used for small-scale retail and production of local food and drink. New producers will join an existing community of makers transforming local ingredients including a flour mill, brewery and butchery.
The courtyard farm buildings were originally built in the 19th century and the sympathetic renovation has retained many of the original features and character of the space, like exposed beams and brickwork. Porthole windows provide a glimpse of the surrounding fields and contemporary glazed bifold doors allow for ease of access and natural light.
Not only will these business have access to Bowhouse famous monthly market weekend but the opportunity to sell on the Bowhouse Link, a virtual food market on the Open Food Network that gives customers easy access to locally produced food and drink with the option of home delivery for surrounding postcodes or collection from the food hub each Saturday.
The network of established producers at Bowhouse include:
- Butchery at Bowhouse – Sustainably reared heritage breed meat and wild game from the Balcaskie Estate
- Grain and Sustain – Eco conscious groceries and homewares
- Scotland the Bread - Organic flours using grains grown at Balcaskie
- East Neuk Market Garden - Vegetables and salads
- Futtle Organic Brewery - Organic brewery and tap room using foraged ingredients and natural fermentation.
- Keeping the Plot - Fresh flowers grown on the estate
- Fit to the Core - Gym, exercise and nutritional classes
Rosie Jack, Manager at Bowhouse
“We’re delighted to be expanding our number of production units here at Bowhouse. Ideally we’re looking for businesses who may be established and would like to expand to a new site, or a new start-up food and drink business who are looking to move into their first production unit. Above all, we’re keen to hear from businesses who want to join our community of like-minded producers looking to create food and drink with integrity using the exceptional ingredients that are available locally.”
Those looking to apply should visit bowhousefife.com