Multi Sector Market Visit to Spain 11 – 15 November 2018
Scottish Development International (SDI) is organising a multi sector market visit to Madrid and Barcelona in November and registrations are now opened.Spain is the fifth largest economy in the European Union (EU) and now one of the fastest growing in the Eurozone. The population of Spain is about 47 million making it one of the biggest consumer markets in the EU. Around 1 million British nationals, based mostly in the coastal regions, are permanent or part-time residents. Over 16 million British tourists visit Spain every year. Benefits for UK businesses exporting to Spain include:
- entry route to Latin America
- size of the market
- English accepted as a business language
- familiarity with British products and openness to them
- proximity and availability of flights, including low cost airlines
SDI will support companies attending the market visit with the following:
- Connect with experts and professionals on the ground, like SDI market specialists, business associations, Department for International Trade, local businesses, accountants, solicitors.
- Provide market research to support delegates to set up one to one meetings with potential agents, distributors, clients, buyers, partners while in market.
- Export training prior to the visit to make sure all delegates are market ready and understand the culture, finance, route to market options.
- Financial funding for 50% flights and accommodation (up to £200) for eligible companies.
Companies are responsible for booking own flights and accommodation. SDI will suggest flights and hotels so the delegation can travel as a group and stay in the same location.
SectorsThe market visit will be multi sector; however, the following key sectors have been identified as offering good opportunities:
- Madrid: Technology and Engineering, Life Sciences, Renewables, Fin Tech (pharma services, digital health, smart grid, data, smart cities)
- Barcelona: Technology and Engineering, Life Sciences, Creative Programme (subject to change)
- Arrive in Madrid
- Informal welcome dinner
- Market briefing session
- One to one company meetings
- Networking reception
- Site visit or one to one company meetings
- Travel to Barcelona by train
- Barcelona welcome and market briefing
- Site visit or one to one company meetings or Smart City Expo
Site visit or one to one company meetings or Smart City Expo