To help speed up this process, please take time to read the eligibility criteria very carefully and ensure you have uploaded all the information we have requested. The more accurate the information on the application itself, the quicker we can process.
Please be aware that any applications received after midnight on 5th February (if in an eligible sector) will not be paid any top up payments as set out by the Scottish Government
Linked to Scotland’s Strategic Framework, from 2 November, grant support will be available for businesses that are required to close by law every four weeks for as long as the restrictions last.
At restriction level 1-3 support will also be available to some businesses not required to close, but specifically required by law to significantly modify their operations.
This support is separate from and in addition to the funding to support employees and businesses impacted by local Covid restrictions, for the period from 9 October until 1 November. Applications for that funding closed on 3rd November.
The new financial support for business will provide:
- A Temporary Closure grant of £2,000 or £3,000 (depending on rateable value) for business required to close by law, payable every four weeks for the duration protective measures are in place.
- A Business Restrictions grant of £1,400 or £2,100 (depending on rateable value) for businesses that remain open but are specifically required to modify their operations by law, payable every four weeks for the duration measures are in place. This means that you are required to close earlier than normal, for example, not that you have to adopt physical distancing or that the demand for your products or services has been reduced because of the pandemic.
These grants will be paid every four weeks in arrears. When restrictions end, any final payment in arrears may be adjusted to reflect the duration of the restrictions to the nearest week.
Eligibility will depend on where your premises are located and what level of restrictions are in place at any point in time.
Premises required to close by law will be entitled to a Temporary Closure grant every four weeks of:
- £2, 000 if their premises have a rateable value of up to and including £51,000; or
- £3,000 if their premises have a rateable value of £51,001 or above.
Premises specifically required to modify their operations as specified by the schedules of The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020, will be entitled to a Business Restrictions grant every four weeks, of:
- £1,400 if their premises have a rateable value of up to and including £51,000; or
- £2,100 if their premises have a rateable value of £51,001 or above.
- Multiple premises can be included in a single application. We will only accept applications for premises located in Fife. If you operate premises elsewhere, separate applications to the relevant Local Authorities will be required.
- You will be required to provide details of a business bank account or a personal bank account used for business transactions. This is the account your grant will be paid into if your application is successful.
- Your business premises must be registered for Non-Domestic Rates. Businesses that pay rates through their landlords rather than directly to a Council are eligible to apply (evidence to be provided through copy of lease agreement which must explicitly state that you are either partially or fully liable for business rates ).
- Businesses which have breached wider COVID regulations/requirements prior to local restrictions are not eligible to apply.
- Businesses with connections to tax havens, as set out in the Coronavirus (Scotland) (No.2) Act 2020, are not eligible to apply.
- Applications are welcome from Limited Companies (including Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations), Sole Traders, Trusts and Partnerships, provided they meet the other criteria.
- Businesses must have been impacted directly by restrictions, as set out in regulation
How to apply
Before you apply CHECK OUR FAQS FOR THE STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK BUSINESS FUND
Applicants will only need to apply once and if approved will automatically receive repeat payments for each 4 weekly period that restrictions continue up to March 2021. Payment amounts will automatically be recalculated to account for any level changes.
The remaining 4-weekly payment dates for this fund are:
Monday 22nd February 2021
Monday 22nd March 2021
Payments will take 3-5 business days from the payment date to clear into the recipient’s account.
For all the latest support updates and developments, direct to your inbox, make sure you subscribe to our ezine