Call us now on 01592 858333
You are here
Doing business in Benelux seminar - Glasgow
Thursday, 28 January 2016 - 9:00am to 12:30pm
Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg offer excellent opportunities for Scottish companies looking to break into Europe. With their proximity to the UK and similar business cultures, the Benelux countries can be excellent test markets for companies making their way into exporting.
English is widely spoken in all three markets and the region provides excellent access to the wider European market. Many companies have started their export journey in the region and gone on to become major international businesses.
Key sector opportunities
- Security and cyber security
- Medical devices
- Food and drink
- Industrial sector opportunities for companies offering products and services increasing functionality
- Opportunities for companies active in supplying services in the planning, installation and operational phases of offshore projects
Why attend the event
The programme will feature:
- An overview of the Benelux market and what to expect doing business in this region
- The support available from Scottish Enterprise
- Financial considerations on doing business overseas
- One-to-one meetings (by request) with each of the speakers providing you with the opportunity for further business discussions and specifics about expanding in the region
- Networking opportunities with like-minded senior business professionals
9-9:30am - Registration, tea/coffee, pastries and networking
- 9:30-9:35am - Introductions -Lynn Grieve, Scottish Development International
- 9:35-10:15am - Overview and opportunities in Benelux markets with Nadine Vandenbroucke, UK Trade and Investment Brussels
- 10:15-10:30am - Overview of support available from Scottish Enterprise with Sylvain Grandena, Scottish Development International Paris office
- 10:30-10:45am - Support available to new exporters with Steve Turner, export adviser Scottish Development International
- 10;45-11:10am - Financial considerations on trading overseas with Chris Lynch, Santander
- 11;10-11:30am - GlobalScot
- 11:30am-12pm - Q&A, networking and 1-2-1s
- 12pm - Lunch
Refreshments throughout the morning and lunch will be provided.
Spaces are limited, so please register now to avoid disappointment.