Loans of £5,000 to £30,000 are available from DSL Business Finance, a not-for-profit business lender, who specialises in start-up and gap finance for small firms, charities and social enterprises unable to get funding from banks. DSL is an ethical lender; any profit it makes is ploughed back into providing loans for small firms rather than distributing to shareholders or paying staff bonuses.
Using a Government scheme called The Enterprise Finance Guarantee, DSL can lend to firms even if they have no security or have been turned down by the banks. DSL has a track record of success and a 92% client satisfaction rate. Since setting up in 1993 DSL has helped more than 600 businesses to create 2,000 jobs by providing investment of £7 million.
Who is this suitable for?
If you are a small business, charity or social enterprise located in Central Scotland, including Fife, you can apply. The Loans are available to both start up and existing businesses that meet all of the criteria.
- Your business is based in and trades from Scotland
- You currently live in Scotland and have been a UK resident for at least 3 years
- The loan you are applying for is between £1,000 and £50,000 (The amount you can apply for will differ depending on your circumstances, terms apply)
- You are able to return all necessary items requested during the application process
How can the funds be used?
Some examples of what a DSL Business Finance loan can be used for may include:-
- Purchase of Machinery/vehicle
- Investment of new Stock
- Marketing your business
- Manufacture of a product for market (R&D fully complete)
- Renovation costs
- Business/management buy out
- To purchase premises or a lease
- Increase workforce
What to do next
To find out more visit www.dsl-businessfinance.co.uk for full details and to download an application form.